EPSON ECOTANK M1170 SETUP
Epson EcoTank M1170 is a monochrome cartridge-free printer equipped with an integrated ink tank that allows error-free ink refilling. This printer has a a 250-sheet tray and a yield of approximately 6000 pages. Users who want to increase productivity and minimize printing costs can make use of the Epson Et M1170 Setup printer.
For setting up your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, carry out the following steps:
- Remove the protective materials and orange tapesfrom your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer.
- Close your printer cover. You shouldhear a clicking sound after properly closing the tank.
- Open your printer’s ink tank cover and the cap.
- After unpacking the ink bottle, hold it upright over the ink tank and insert it into the filling port.
- After the ink is filled into the port, remove the ink bottle and close the ink tank cap.
- Close your printer’s ink tank cover.
- Connect one end of your power cable to the back of your printer and the other end to the power outlet.
- To switch on your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer, press the Power button and wait till the power light stops flashing.
- Press the Stop button and hold it for 5 seconds untilthe power light starts flashing again, and the ink charging process starts.
- While loading the paper into the printer, insert paper in such a way that the side to be printed faces down.
Make use of the steps given below for installing the software on your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer:
- Check to see if your printer is connected to your computer or not. If it is connected, disconnect it from the computer.
- If you are using Windows as the operating system, you might see the Found New Hardware On this screen, click the Cancel button and also disconnect your USB cable.
- For Windows, insert the product CD. For any other operating system, download and run the software package of your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer.
- To run the Printer Setup program, carry out the instructions given on the computer screen.
- You will find the Select Your Connection On this screen, choose any one of the following options:
- Wireless connection
- Direct USB connection
- Wired network connection
EPSON ET M1170 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
To download the driver for your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, make use of the following steps:
- Navigate to the official site of Epson EcoTank M1170from your browser.
- Below the picture of the Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, you will see tabs such as Downloads, FAQs , Manuals , and Warranty , etc.
- Click the Downloads
- Under the Downloads tab, you will find the drop-down list for Operating System. Choose Windows 10 32-bit as your operating system.
- Under the Recommended For You title, you will see the following four sections:
- Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer
- Under the title Epson Et M1170 Drivers, you will find three options with the respective Download Click the Download button next to the option you choose.
EPSON M1170 MANUAL
- Navigate to the official site of Epson EcoTank M1170.
- Below the picture of the Epson Et M1170 Setup printer, you will see tabs such as Downloads , FAQs , Manuals , and Warranty , etc.
- Click the Manuals and Warranty You will find the Installation Guide , User’s Guide , and two other sections.
- Click the PDF button provided next to the Installation Guide or User’s Guide .
- The Installation Guide helps you with the unboxing, installation, and setup of your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer.
- The User’s Guide gives you an account of the Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, its specifications, and usage instructions.
EPSON ET M1170 WIRELESS SETUP
For Epson Et M1170 wireless setup of your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, execute the following steps:
- Note down the network name and security password . The security password could be WPA , WPA2 , or WEP .
- On the Control Panel of your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer, navigate to the Network Otherwise, you can touch the wireless icon.
- Go to settings .
- Under settings , select the Epson Et M1170 Wireless Setup Wizard .This Wizard shows you a list of wireless networks in the area.
- Select the SSID of your network and provide the security key when prompted for Epson Et M1170 wireless setup.
- Once the printer connects to the network, the ‘Connected’ message displays on the screen.
- Now, proceed to install the Epson Et M1170 driver on your computer to configure the printer for the wireless connection.
- Your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer is now configured on a wireless network.
EPSON ET M1170 WIRED SETUP
When you connect your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer to your router using an Ethernet cable, you can print from virtually any device that is connected to the same router. This, in turn, reduces the number of printers you might need. To connect your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer to your router using an Ethernet cable, follow the Epson Et M1170 wired setup steps given below:
- Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to the LAN port at the rear of the printer. Plug the cable’s other end into the Ethernet port of your router for Epson Et M1170 wired setup.
- Navigate to the official site of your Epson Ecotank M1170
- Select the region of your choice.
- Click the Support
- In the search box, enter ET M1170 and click the Search
- On the printer’s support page, click Download beside the Epson Et M1170 driver package For First Time Install .
- You might have to click Save or Run to continue, based on the type of your browser.
- You might have to open the file manually in case the installation does not start automatically.
- From the task-bar, click the File Explorer
- In the left-side column, under Quick access , click Downloads .
- Find the downloaded installation file and double-click the same.
The installation process will start.
- You can launch the installer from the file that you downloaded using your web browser.
- On the License Agreement page, check the box that is next to I agree by the contents of the License Agreement . Now, click the Next
- You need to wait for the installation of the required software for Epson Et M1170 wired setup.
- On the Select Your Connection page, select Wired network connection . Now, click the Next
- Choose Epson Et M1170 Setup printer for the first ">
time and click the Next
- You have to wait for your Epson Ecotank M1170printer to be detected on your network. Once it is done, click the Next
- Select the names of all the extra programs that you wish to update. Now click Install . When all the programs have been installed, click OK in the confirmation box.
- Click the Exit
EPSON ET M1170 TROUBLESHOOTING
Some of the common problems that you might face while using the Epson EcoTank M1170 printer are:
One of the setup problems that occurs often is ‘Noise After Filling the Ink.’ At times, you might hear noises from your printer after you fill the ink tank with ink. For solving this problem, consider the following Epson Et M1170 troubleshooting solutions:
In case it is the first time you are filling the ink tank, you will see the print-head getting charged. You need to wait till the charging is over before you turn off your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer. Otherwise, the charging will be improper, and your printer will tend to use extra ink the next time you switch it on. You can be sure that the print-head is fully charged when the power light ceases to flash.
If the print-head stops moving or makes noise and its charging operation is incomplete, you need to switch your printer off. Switch on your printer and check if the charging is still happening. In case it is still in progress, please contact our technical experts for help.
PAPER JAM PROBLEMS
If you find that the paper has jammed in your Epson EcoTank M1170 printer, make use of the following steps to for Epson Et M1170 troubleshooting issue:
- If necessary, cancel your print job.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Lower the output selector in your Epson Et M1170 Setup printer.
- From the front of your printer, take out (or detach) the jammed paper.
- Lift the output selector and close the front cover of your printer.
The Slanted Printout issue is something that occurs frequently. The steps listed below will help you in Epson Et M1170 troubleshooting this issue:
- Slide over the edge guides against the edges of your paper.
- In your printer software, choose a better print quality setting.
- On your product software, turn off the high-speed settings.
- Align your print head.
- Ensure that your printer is not printing at an angle.
Apart from the above issues, you might also face ones such as:
- Network problems
- Problems that may occur while printing from a computer
- Page Layout and Content problems
- Print Quality problems on Epson Et M1170 Setup printer.
You can contact our technical experts for any assistance in fixing the issue.