CITIZEN CMP 25L PRINTER SETUP
Citizen CMP 25L is a portable printer designed to print labels, barcodes, or receipts on-the-spot using direct thermal technology. The printer is durable, and 2800 mAH lithium-ion battery life lasts up to 48 hours. The Citizen CMP 25L setup printer is compatible to be used with Windows, Microsoft, iOS, and Android operating systems. It is user-friendly with its compact design that easily fits in hand. The printer can print from anywhere from your mobile device with fast printing speed on the robust printer. The printer can be connected to your device using a Wi-Fi network, USB cable, or the Bluetooth interface.
Proceed with the steps that are given below to set up the Citizen CMP 25L printer:
Step 1: Unpacking the printer package
- Start by unboxing the printer and removing all the protective materials present on it.
- Make sure to remove all the tapes, covers, and plastic films used for packing purposes.
- Check for the printer accessories which include the following:
- Belt clip
- USB cable
- Serial cable
- Recharger with EU plug
- Paper roll
- Quick Start Guide
Step 2: Fixing the battery
- Make sure to turn off the printer before inserting the battery.
- Locate the battery port at the bottom of the printer.
- Remove the battery from its package and fix it into the battery slot on the Citizen CMP 25L setup printer.
- To replace the battery, lift the holder at the center to take out the battery from the slot.
- Connect the power cord to the printer on the right charger connector port.
- Fix the other end of the charger head to an electrical outlet.
- If the charging is in progress, the LED on the charger head will glow red. If the printer's battery is fully charged, the LED light will be changed to green.
- You can use a cigarette charger to connect it to the cigar socket on your vehicle while traveling.
Step 3: Connecting other accessories on the printer
- If required, fix the belt clip to the bottom of the Citizen CMP 25L setup printer with the help of the given screw. Connect it firmly to the printer by using a screwdriver.
- If you have received the strap included in the package, insert it into the two hooks on the sides of the printer.
- Connect the two ends of the strap to the shoulder ring straps on the bottom of the printer.
- Connect the shoulder ring and strap with a clip to tighten it.
Step 4: Loading paper
- Open the printer cover on the top to load paper into it. Press the cover open button on the left side of the printer to open the paper cover.
- Move the paper guide to the width of the paper roll.
- Turn the knob on the side of the printer by rotating it using your finger.
- Place in the paper roll to the paper feeder such that it unrolls from the bottom.
- Pull out the paper roll to the end of the printer and close the top cover.
- Press the feed button to run the paper line up.
Step 5: Connecting the printer to a device
- Connect the USB cable that came in the package to the printer and the other end to your device to print directly from your device.
- You can also print from your mobile devices easily by using the built-in Bluetooth and wireless feature on the printer.
- On your mobile device, go to Settings, and turn on Bluetooth. Connect the Citizen printer to your phone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi from settings and select the Citizen printer's network to connect via Wi-Fi.
CITIZEN CMP 25L DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- The drivers available for Windows are Configuration Utility and CMP-25L Windows Driver. Xamarin SDK for Windows 10, iOS, and Android operating systems. Other drivers for Apple devices are CitizeniOS and the iOS SDK software. You can download the Citizen CMP 25L driver software for the printer from the official Citizen printer's website. Click the Support button and select Drivers & Tools option from the list. Select your printer category as Mobile and choose your printer as CMP-25L. Choose your operating system and click Search. Download the required driver for the Citizen CMP 25L setup printer from the displayed options. Otherwise, click the Citizen CMP 25L Driver Download button on this page to get directed to the driver page of the Citizen printer. Open the installer file to install the software on your device. Continue to install the software by choosing your language, accepting the license agreement, and selecting a mode of connection.
CITIZEN CMP 25L DRIVER WINDOWS
Refer to the procedure given below to download and install the driver for Windows on your device.
- Open the official Citizen website from your browser. Navigate to the Systems page.
- Select the Products tab and click Printer.
- Choose the Mobile option from the list.
- On the Mobile printers page, select the CMP-25L printer.
- Click on the Drivers & tools tab on the bottom of the page under the Support section.
- Choose your operating system as Windows and select the correct version. Then, click Search to show the list of available drivers for your device.
- Select the required driver and install it on your device.
- Open the installer file and follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the Citizen CMP 25L driver installation.
- Choose your connection type when prompted.
- Connect your device to the Citizen CMP 25L setup printer using a USB cable, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi network according to the connection you have selected.
CITIZEN CMP 25L MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- Launch the official Citizen page and navigate to the Citizen Systems page. Click on the Support tab and select Citizen CMP 25L Manuals and Datasheets. Choose the category as Mobile and select Printer as CMP-25L from the drop-down list. Then, click Search to view the manuals of the printer. Select the User Manual and download the PDF file of the guide. Otherwise, click the Manual Download button on this page to download the Citizen CMP 25L manual for the Citizen CMP 25L printer.Choose the required manual to download it on your device.
CITIZEN CMP 25L BLUETOOTH SETUP
You can consider the procedure given below for Citizen CMP 25L Bluetooth setup and connect your device.
- From your mobile device, go to Settings and select the Bluetooth option from the list.
- Turn on the Bluetooth connectivity under Connecting Preferences.
- Select Pair a New device and choose your printer to connect to it to finish Citizen CMP 25L Bluetooth setup.
- Once the printer is connected to your mobile device, you can easily print from it.
HOW TO CONNECT CITIZEN CMP 25L TO WI-FI
The Citizen CMP 25 L printer can be connected to any device which has Wi-Fi capability. Since the compact printer has a built-in Wi-Fi function, connecting to a wireless network is much easier. Proceed with the guidelines given below to connect Citizen CMP 25L to Wi-Fi network.
Wireless Printer Setup via IP Address:
- Make sure to configure the wireless router before starting the Citizen CMP 25L setup.
- Print a test slip to view the IP address of the printer.
- Enter the IP address of the mobile printer in your web browser to connect Citizen CMP 25L to Wi-Fi.
- Type in the default username and password of the network in the respective fields.
- Select the Wireless LAN tab and click the Start button under the Scan Access point section.
- Choose the wireless network you want to get connected and click Set.
- Enter the network credentials and select Submit to connect Citizen CMP 25L to Wi-Fi.
- After the printer is configured to your wireless network, connect your mobile device to the same wireless network.
- Since the printer and mobile device are connected to the same network, the printer can now print wirelessly.
HOW TO REPLACE PAPER ROLL ON CITIZEN CMP 25L
Proceed with the steps given below to replace paper roll on Citizen CMP 25L printer.
- The diameter core of the paper roll should be 12.5 mm +/-0.5 mm. The maximum overall diameter with the paper roll will be 56 m. The width of the labels used is 58 mm. The media paper thickness should be 0.06-0.16 mm. If the media paper roll has run out, you can quickly replace the paper roll by following the procedure given below.
- Press the button on the left side panel of the printer to open the paper cover.
- Remove the old paper roll and dispose it properly to to replace paper roll on Citizen CMP 25L printer.
- Before loading a new paper roll, adjust the paper guides to the size of the paper that is going to be inserted.
- Insert the new paper roll facing down, such that the paper unrolls from the bottom side. It works in the same principle as a tissue roll.
- Slightly extend the media paper roll out of the printer and close the top paper cover to to replace paper roll on Citizen CMP 25L printer.
- Pull the paper line up by pressing the feed button. The printing action takes place, and the label paper comes out from the center of the portable printer.
- You can stick the labels, barcodes, or bills easily by taking it from the sticker sheet of Citizen CMP 25L setup printer.