BROTHER MFC J985DW INSTALL
Brother MFC J985DW printer is an inkjet printer that comes with touch screen control panel, wireless connectivity, ADF, duplex printing, and mobile device printing features. The Brother MFC J985DW Setup process is quite simple and easy for beginners.
- First, unpack the Brother MFC J985DW printer and remove all the protective foams and coversfrom it.
- Take out the user guides, Brother installation disc, telephone line cord, and starter ink cartridges from the package.
- Look for the manufacturer’s seal and check the specifications of the product you received.
- Remove all the protective tapes and labels on the printer and load the paper intothe paper input tray as guided in the manual.
- Connect the telephone cord to the back of the LINE.
- Connect the power cord to the electrical outlet, and the printer machine will turn on automatically.
- Follow the instructions as displayed on the printer’s touchscreen and complete the initial Brother MFC J985DW setup. Make sure to set your language, date, time, ink installation, and paper alignment.
- Insert the Brother MFC J985dw installation disc into the computer’s driver download and run the installer file for driver installation.
- Choose the type connection of you want to establish (Wired Network, Wireless Network, or USB Connection) and execute the connection between the printer and the device.
- If you want to connect the printer setup to a mobile device, use the Brother iPrint&Scan application on your device.
- After completing the Brother MFC J985dw install, test the print, fax, and scan functions.
- If you find it difficult to setup the Brother MFC J985DW printer, contact our technical support by clicking the Call button available on this screen.
BROTHER MFC J985DW DRIVER
The Brother MFC J985DW driver software for Brother MFC J985DW printer is available on the Brother installation disc delivered along with the printer. Using this driver, you can perform the printer functions from your computer and manage the printer settings.
BROTHER MFC J985DW PRINTER DRIVER DOWNLOAD
If your Brother MFC J985DW install disc is damaged or lost, you can download the Brother MFC J985DW Printer Driver by clicking the Driver Download button displayed on this page. Alternatively, you can download the Brother MFC J985DW driver software from the official site by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your laptop or desktop and navigate to the Brother official site.
- Select your product name, OS, and language from the drop-down menu.
- If you arenot able to identify your OS version, click on the How to identify your Operating System(OS) option and follow the instructions to find your OS version.
- Check if you have chosen the correct OS and language before downloading the software.
- Select the driver you wish to download and make sure to choose the package that has more features and accessibility.
- The release date and file size are also available next to the Brother MFC J985DW installer file name.
- The driver file will be inthe .exe format for Windows and .dmg format for Mac.
- After selecting the driver file, click on the Agree to the EULA and Download button to save the driver file on your storage drive.
- For a few operating systems, the Brother MFC J985DW setup printer should not be connected to the device during the driver download process.
- Finally, run the installer file to complete the Brother MFC J985DW driver installation process.
BROTHER MFC J985DW DRIVER MAC
- You can download the Brother MFC J985DW Driver for Mac from the manufacturer’s site.
- Before downloading the driver software, click on the OS drop-down menu and select Mac .
- Also, select your desired language from the Language drop-down menu and click OK .
- Select the Printer Driver under the Driver
- Read the software license agreement and accept it by downloading the Brother MFC J985DW driver software.
- After downloading the driver, navigate to the device folder and open the driver installer file to begin the driver installation process.
BROTHER MFC J985DW MANUAL
The User Guide or Manual for the Brother MFC J985DW printer is supplied along with the product during the purchase time. It is an essential material comprises instructions for performing the Brother MFC J985DW setup, carrying out the printer functions, and troubleshooting the issues. You can also download the manual from the official site. Make sure to choose the desired language and correct manual based on your wish. All the Brother MFC J985DW manuals are available only in the PDF file format. The Online User’s Guide cannot be downloaded directly, and you need to have a PDF reader to open the Brother MFC J985DW manual.
BROTHER MFC J985DW CONNECT TO COMPUTER
Follow these steps to connect your Brother MFC J985DW printer to the computer:
- Power up the printer and computer to set up the connection between them.
- Ensure that the Brother MFC J985DW setup is complete proceeding with the next step.
- Make sure to disconnect your printer machine for Brother MFC J985DW connect to computer.
- Also, check whether the computer is connected to the local wireless network.
- Insert the Brother installation disc to your computer or open the downloaded software to begin the Brother MFC J985DW driver installation process.
- Select a language and agree to the EULA to proceed with the next step for Brother MFC J985DW connect to computer.
- Select either Wireless Network Connection(Wi-Fi) or Local Connection(USB) as the connection type and execute the on-screen instructions to set up the connectivity between the printer and the computer.
- Choose your printer name and verify the connectivity to complete Brother MFC J985DW connect to computer.
- Select the Standard (Recommended) option to choose the installation type.
- If you wish to add any additional software, click install and proceed with the downloading.
- Register your Brother printer to complete the driver installation.
BROTHER MFC J985DW SCAN TO COMPUTER
- First, turn on your Brother MFC J985DW setup printer and place the document in the scanner unit or load it in the ADF .
- Check whether the hardware connections are executed appropriately for Brother MFC J985dw scan to computer.
- Navigate to the touchscreen control panel and select Scan --> File .
- If your computer is connected to the network, then the printer prompts you to choose the computer name for Brother MFC J985dw scan to computer.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate and select your printer name.
- Also, enter your PIN for your computer if the LCD asks for the four-digit PIN .
- Select the Scan Settings option to change the settings like Scan Type , Resolution , File Type , Scan Size , and Remove Background Colour .
- Tap the Start button to scan the document to perform Brother MFC J985dw scan to computer.
BROTHER MFC J985DW TROUBLESHOOTING
Usually, troubleshooting is carried out when the Brother MFC J985DW setup printer displays an error message or does not execute the commands. Whenever you encounter an issue with the printer, switch off your printer and restart it after thirty seconds. This resolves most of the issues. If you have difficulties in resolving the Brother MFC J985DW printer issues, contact our technical support team.